Japanese Vogue‘s giant-golden-cherry-hat wearing roving Fashion Director Anna Dello Russo has a lot of clothes and accessories—that goes without saying. But how does she keep her vast collection of wearables organized? How does she separate her cherry hats from her apple hats? Her giant platforms from her not-so-giant platforms? Her gilded golden armour from her gold damask?
Well, we’ve got all of Dello Russo’s closet organizing tips after the jump.
On her blog today, Dello Russo lets us in on her top-ten wardrobe organizing tips. They are:
1. Elimina tutta la FUFFA—perchè fuffa genera fuffa!I say this in Italian cause the word “FUFFA” is difficult to translate in English, but I try.
1. Remove all RUBBISH because rubbish generates rubbish!
2. How to FENG-SHUI teaches you, you must make new empty ROOM for revitalize your seasonal wardrobe.
3. Store only the whole OUTFIT. In a future day, would not make sense to find a simple sweater desperately.
4. Buy only thin, non-slip HANGERS in asbestos. Those big, slippery, old, wooden hangers take up too much space.
5. Organize your closet by ITEMS: coats with coats, dresses with dresses, pants with pants, skirts with skirts… so you wouldn’t buy the same thing twice!
6. In front of a dress to KILL or to KEEP, ask yourself: future generations’ll want to see it?
7. Put the SHOES away from clothes, in the appropriate boxes with Polaroids. The leather’s smell doesn’t match with the fabric’s smell.
8. Preserve the stretch STOCKINGS in their packaging. There’s nothing worse than
wearing damaged filanca.
9. Don’t SQUEEZE the clothes on each other. Like flowers in the garden need their space!
10. Don’t use ANTI-MOTH chemicals, you don’t want to go out stinking of naphthalene
In other news, our new favorite word of the day is FUFFA. All caps.
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!
Nice site, nice and easy on the eyes and great content too.
Great article with very interesting information. You are a very skilled blogger, thats for sure! =)
Great article with very interesting information. You might want to follow up to this topic!?!
I’m really loving the contents of your blog. Hopefully you keep posting regularly. Thanks.
Thanks for this interesting information! I found it very useful =)
I found what I was looking for. great article, thanks
This post truly made my day. You can not imagine just how significantly time I had spent for this details! Thanks!
Read it, liked it, thanks for it
I suggest adding a facebook like button for the blog!
The posts are also on Facebook. Search for “Wardrobe Closet Storage Solutions/ Contempo Closet”
Just want to say your article is great. The clearness in your post is just excellent and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject.
That was wonderful: helpful as well as enjoyable. The combination of these two can be so scarce in life.
Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is excellent, let alone the content!. Thanks For Your article about Anna Dello Russo’s Top Ten Rules for Wardrobe Organization – Golden closet rules | Contempo Closet .
Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is great, as well as the content!. Thanks For Your article about Anna Dello Russo’s Top Ten Rules for Wardrobe Organization – Golden closet rules | Contempo Closet .
I got what you mean, thanks for putting up.
I got what you mean, thanks for swing up. Wow I am glad to reach this website through google. Thanks for sharing.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more.
got to share this with my friend in florida
Very nice post, I certainly love this website, keep on it.
I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Great work!